The new WLSA website is now live at warmlandsailing.com and the old “Wix” website has been shut down. That’s probably all most WLSA members need to know, but, if you’re interested in knowing a liitle more about why and how we came to have a new website (actually 4 websites) then read on…………….
Why a new website?
About a year ago our old website platform, Wix discontinued support for their “Wix Hotels” booking system. After an exhaustive search it was decided that Motopress Hotels was the best available booking platform for our needs. Motopress Hotels uses WordPress – the most popular website platform world-wide.
Some of the factors that were considered::
- The need for separate booking sites for SD and PD
- Our old website was not particularly mobile friendly
- The low cost and high flexibility of WordPress.
The new WordPress sites have been developed in four distinct stages:
(1) Power Division booking website
(2) Sailing Divsion booking website
(3) Password protected Members’ website
(4) Public website